Saturday, August 1, 2009

"You are SO un-American"

This week has been a really really busy one. Full of my oral presentation (which I rocked, and somehow managed to incorporate a shout-out to "Ze End of Ze World" video, oops), dinner and non-dép wine with Conrad, moving out of my apartment (which also was not as big a deal as expected, thanks to people who helped me), and moving in with Matt on Thursday, and taking my exam (which I really rocked) on Friday. Matt and I watched Legally Blonde and laughed, which was great. Then he was on call on Friday night, which was kind of weird that I was just chilling in his apartment for like, two days without him. But such is a great friend.

On Friday, the night started with Vallarta, as good Friday nights in the Village should, and Alex (the source of title quote) designed shirts for the restaurant (there are a variety of three), and Miguel gave me a ladies one with a Vallartini on it and it says "Je suis caliente" on the back. We sat out on the terrace and giggled for hours and hours, because it's Divers/Cité, a gay pride festival this weekend. Then Team Vallarta took over Unity (and circumventing the line what what!), and it was packed because of the festival. It's like New Year's Eve, with awesome tunes and awesome company, even though my lovely host was at the hospital. It was a night of great great dancing and all of us having Vallarta shirts made it a lot easier to find each other in the crowd :)

I'm really getting upset about having to leave so soon, it seems like life is just moving too fast and there's so much left to do and I hate having to do them for the last time, at least for now. Montréal is really home, and I just know I can take the best of it with me.

Good things are coming to an end too soon, and there will be much of good things before I return to the States. Full of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment